I first became interested in natural beauty products while working as an Oncology nurse in London.
In my job, I met a lot of lovely ladies with Breast Cancer. At this point, there were also many press reports about the use of Aluminium in antiperspirants, and the possible link between Aluminium found in breast tissue and breast cancer. People had started to look and question what was in their beauty products and the potential impact it could have on them and their families.
Searching for products became a battle as I became frustrated with mainstream shops that only sold significant brands, with ingredient lists that look like they should be in a chemistry class. Or by shops that sold 100% natural brands, that had ingredients lists with the odd chemical name which I still had to go away and lookup. I learned it might be a "natural" product, but I did not want to put it on my or my families skin.
Just because it is natural, does not mean its good for you.
I wanted to be able to buy products that I was 100% sure were cruelty-free, that means no animal testing and no animal ingredients.
I wanted to be able to buy products made here locally in the UK.
I opened my eyes to the UK Beauty Artisans out there. I found, small-batch skincare that has minimal preservatives, quality thought out ingredients, minimal packaging, minimum air miles and a positive contribution to UK local economy/community.
Since the beginning of 2020, we have gone back to our origins and are changing to specialise in natural deodorants and soaps only.
- We source from the best UK artisans & Brands.
- Everything is plant-based (vegan) and of course, Cruelty-free.
- Ingredients in our products do not knowingly include any parabens, phthalates, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, Cocamidopropyl betaine (CAPB), GMOs, fillers, synthetic ingredients, preservatives or fragrances.
- We promote Fairtrade & Organic practices & Ingredients.
- We currently do not stock items with Palm Oil in them.
- Product packaging uses minimal virgin plastics and are all Recyclable,Compostable or refillable.
- We reuse everything, and our packaging is 100% compostable or reusable.
We try everything ourselves and review.
See our blog for reviews and offers!
We encourage customer participation by offering discount codes for reviews.
We fully support responsible consumerism. Know where your products come from, what it contains, and what the product leaves behind after it is gone.
If you need any product recommendations or want to say hello, please get in touch.